Monday, July 26, 2010

45's are ALIVE!!!

Ok, well maybe not alive in the truest sense of the word, but we're working on it! I have this hairbrained scheme to run a 1946 Harley flathead 45 in the Stampede next year, just because I have had a bunch of people tell me it couldn't be done!



I don't have money, I don't have all the parts, I don't even have the expertise to reallly get the job done, but I want to learn, I want to race, and I want to be competetive! I plan on doing the whole build for under $2000, starting from nothing and making a running bike that will run the Stampede. I would like to do the motorwork myself, because it would give me a great sense of satisfaction, and because I want to learn how to expand my skills all that much more.


I have been fortunate to have a TON of parts drop into my lap from guys that are keen on the idea, but I wouldn't call them sponsers, I would call them friends! I'll keep you all updated on how everything goes down for this, and hopefully come up with something that meet approval! Wish me luck!


Here's what I have so far!




1 comment:

  1. yer a lucky bastard! lolololol i say that with the utmost love of course!

    tricia

    ReplyDelete